Address: 8865 Professional Drive
Cadillac, MI 49601
Teter Orthotics Website
Teter Orthotics & Prosthetics has been providing quality “State of the Art” Orthotic and Prosthetic services to Northern Michigan for 45 years. Our Professional Staff now numbers over 60, including Certified Orthotists and Prosthetists, as well as a trained technical support crew. We have offices in twenty locations throughout Michigan, and also provide service to many hospitals, extended care facilities, and clinics.
To provide a necessary service for the community by meeting the specialized needs of Orthotic and Prosthetic patients. Services will be provided to patients by Physician referral.
A professional, caring staff will provide quality service with timely response in a confidential environment.
The original facility was founded by John Kemmler in 1955 at a time when orthotic and prosthetic services were not readily available to the area, and operated as a proprietorship. The business was purchased in 1969 by Siegfried Jesswein C.P.O., and a corporation was formed under the name of Jesswein Orthotics and Prosthetics, Inc. and continued its operation until February of 1975. At this time Edward L. Teter C.P. purchased the corporation initially changing the name to Teter and Jesswein, Inc. and then to the current name of Teter Orthotics and Prosthetics, Inc.
In 1976, Teter Orthotics & Prosthetics, Inc. opened a satellite office in Petoskey, Michigan and in 1986 a second satellite office was opened in Gaylord, Michigan.
In 1991, the corporation was purchased by Michael L. Teter, C.P.O the current President and primary shareholder. As demand increased other offices were opened throughout Northern Michigan in Cadillac, Grayling, Manistee, Alpena, Big Rapids, Muskegon and Ludington. The corporation is dedicated to the development and delivery of quality orthotic and prosthetic services throughout Northern Michigan.
Our current locations include:
Sault Ste. Marie